Camping at Eisenhower State Park is some of the best camping in the state of Texas. From the spectacular views of Lake Texoma to the wonderful campsites, there is no getting away from the outdoors at this state park.
The camping in Eisenhower State Park is second to none. Whether you are a fisherman, a hiker, a camp cook, a boy scout, or just enjoy getting out in the outdoors this state park is for you.
Eisenhower State Park features over 150 campsites in four distinct camping areas.
The Bois D’ Arc Ridge camping area (campsites 59 through 107) is primarily for RV camping. This area has over 50 sites with full RV hookups. This area has restrooms with showers and is near the boat ramp and a hiking trail.
The Armadillo Hill camping area (campsites 1-54) is primarily for tent camping. This area has 45 sites with water and electric. There is a playground in this area and restrooms with showers.
The Fossil Ridge and Elm Point camping areas (campsites 144-190) is primarily primitive tent camping with no water or electric. This area does have some of the best lake views as well as the beautiful swim beach. The area also has restrooms with showers, a playground, and numerous hiking / nature trails.
The Deer Haven area has 35 sites with screened shelters. This area is near the Eisenhower Yacht Club and has restrooms with showers and a playground.
For more information on Eisenhower State Park or camping reservations you can visit the Texas Parks and Wildlife website.
Amenities within the campgrounds include:
- Swim beach
- Fishing Piers
- Restrooms with showers
- Full RV hookups
- Water and Electric sites
- Primitive campsites
- Screened shelters
- Gas dock
- Marina store
- Hiking trails
- Fish cleaning station
- Boat ramp
- Boat rentals
Camping within Eisenhower State Park is a wonderful experience. The facilities and campgrounds are top notch. The hiking trails are all enjoyable and the fishing in the area is great.
As we have noted earlier on the website, our favorite campsite is #179. This site has the best view of the lake of any site. There are others near #179 with great views as well.
All campsites have picnic tables and a fire ring with a grate for cooking. The sites are almost always heavily treed and have plenty of shade.
• CHECK OUT time is 2 p.m. or renew permit by 9 a.m. (pending site availability).
• Public consumption or display of any alcoholic beverage is prohibited.
• A maximum of eight people permitted per campsite. Guests must leave the park by 10 p.m. Quiet time is from 10 p.m. – 6 a.m.
• Excess parking fee is required at campsites with more than two vehicles (including trailers).
• Campsite must be kept clean; all trash must be picked up before you leave. Trash dumpsters are conveniently located on all camping loops.
• GRAY WATER AND BLACK WATER MUST BE DISCHARGED ONLY AT DUMP STATIONS.
• Only one unit per site is permitted to hook up to utilities.
• Pets must be kept on leash. Please pick up after them.
• Valid permit is required on windshield of each vehicle in park. All vehicles are to remain on pavement.
• Numbered sites for overnight camping only. NO PICNICKING.
• Gathering of firewood is prohibited.
• Campfires are permitted only in fire rings provided at each site. No ground fires are permitted. Please, use extreme caution with any burning materials during the high fire danger summer brings.
This is a great place to camp and enjoy the outdoors. You can view more pictures of many of the campsites below.
Here is the official Youtube video of Eisenhower State Park:
Eisenhower State Park
50 Park Road 20
Denison, TX 75020
Note: all fees are subject to change without notice. Please check with the camp / park directly or with the gate attendants for all official pricing.